Broadway Star gives excellent control of wild oats and a wide range of broad-leaved weeds in spring wheat.
For effective control of a broad range of weeds in spring wheat, there is nothing to beat Broadway Star.
It gives excellent control of wild oats as well as a wide range of broad-leaved weeds including charlock, volunteer rape, volunteer beans, cranesbill, speedwell, groundsel, cleavers, pansy and wild carrot.
“A huge advantage of Broadway Star is that it eliminates the need for complicated tank mixes of wild oats specific products effective against broad-leaved weeds, making it a highly cost-effective product,” said Chris Maughan, technical manager with Whelehan Crop Protection which distributes Broadway Star on the Irish market.
It can be applied up to GS32. The application rate for spring wheat is 200g/ha in 130-150l water. The use of an adjutant is essential, of which Torpedo is an excellent choice.
No known wild oats resistance
Research by Teagasc in 2016 and 2017 identified populations of wild oats resistant to one certain herbicide. The 2017 research involving resistance testing of a panel of randomly sampled wild oats plants from across the county showed that around 55% were resistant to at least one herbicide active ingredient.
There is no known wild oats resistance to Broadway Star. For effective control, apply with the adjuvant Torpedo ideally at GS12-29 and before the first node emerges on the wild oats.
Killing brome in winter wheat
At severe infestations, brome can cut winter wheat yields by up to 40%. Applying Broadway Star when the brome is small - GS23-28 – gives best control. However, application at a slightly later growth stage can still give good suppression of the brome.
The application rate for brome and ryegrass is 265g/ha. For control of wild oats and broad-leaved weeds in winter wheat, a reduced rate of 210g/ha can be used. As with spring wheat, the use of an adjutant is essential
At a glance.
- Broadway Star the perfect product for wild oats and a wide range of broad-leaved weeds, including charlock, volunteer rape, volunteer beans, cranesbill, speedwell, groundsel, cleavers, pansy and wild carrot, in spring wheat.
- Apply at 200g/ha in 130-150l water in spring wheat, during active growth.
- Can be applied up to GS32.
- Target weeks should ideally be at the early tillering stage and wild oats at GS12-29.
- Can be tank mixed with a wide range of fungicides, including chlorothalonil, and with trace elements and other herbicides.
- Can be tank mixed with a half dose of straight Chlormequat only. If using any other growth regulator, allow a seven day interval.
- Always apply with an adjutant. Torpedo is recommended.
- Broadway Star can still give good control of brome and ryegrass in winter wheat crops. Best control is achieved when brome is small – GS23-28.
- For brome and ryegrass, apply at 265g/ha in 130-150l water.
- For wild oats and broad-leaved weeds in winter wheat, reduce rate to 210g/ha.
For Further Information on Broadway Star - Click Here